Plants are amazing! Their main outputs (primary metabolites) are carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and oils, but they can also produce secondary compounds (secondary metabolites) that protect, repel, heal, communicate, and much more. There are millions of potential secondary metabolites, but only if the plant has adequate nutrition, including micro and trace elements.
Modern chemical farming practices, with their exclusive focus on macro elements (N,P,K), create significant nutrient deficiencies in all our crops. Without the proper balance of nutrients, plants may grow structure (the primary metabolites), but they no longer produce the range of secondary metabolites that are essential to their own and our well being.
When a plant has the proper balance and availability of nutrients, it can produce secondary metabolites that will do the following:
- Sunlight and UV protection
- Antibacterial/antifungal to prevent pathogenic infection
- Attract pollinators
- Repel grazers
- Repel insects
- Inhibit competitors
- Increase temperature tolerance (hot and cold)
- Attract seed disseminators
- Warn nearby plants of enemies so they can take protective measures
- Send signals via air, root, and soil
And those are just some of the internal functions performed by the secondary metabolites. In addition to the internal functions, secondary metabolites also have beneficial uses for the animals and humans who consume the plants:
- Pain relief
- Anti-pyretic (fever reducing)
- Strengthen internal systems (nervous, immune, respiratory, circulatory)
All of these incredible plant functions are weakened or eliminated without proper nutrition. Bio Minerals Technologies knows how to put the nutrition back into the plants and the processes, restoring natural balances, increasing natural defenses, and effectively eliminating harmful pathogens.
Bio Minerals Technologies focuses on nutrition, at all levels of the food cycle. Since we know what is lacking in the soil and in the resulting plants, we know what is lacking in the animals as well. Almost all crops are lacking in minerals, and those missing minerals create a shortage of primary metabolites and often a complete lack of secondary metabolites. Without the secondary metabolites, plants are more subject to disease and pests, and as a result, so are the animals and people that consume them. Fix the soils and you fix the plants. Fix the plants and you fix the food. And we can show you how to do it naturally, without toxic chemicals.
The results speak for themselves:
- Increased resistance to plant disease
- Fewer pests (pests don't like healthy plants)
- Fewer internal pathogens
- Greater health and vitality for greater yields
- More complete nutrition within the plant and its fruits
When you feed nutritionally complete food with a full complement of secondary metabolites to your livestock you will also see:
- Faster growth and quicker to market
- Healthier animals with greater disease resistance
- Greater fertility
- Fewer abortions and deformities
- Healthier newborns with lower mortality rates
Call us at 435-753-2086 and let us show you how to rebuild nutrition at your farm!